28 January 2011

sister-friends


"a sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." ~isadora james

golden threads spun this weekend:
-being with my sister-friends and my angel mom
-strolling on the beach in the sunshine
-hugs of reunion
-meeting new baby poem
-excellent conversation (the best!)
-a wide circle of pool chairs
-giggling like little girls
-being enchanted by fantastic contemporary ballet
-chinese fire drills on rodeo drive
-endless ripe raspberries at the resort's breakfast buffet
-the colors and textures in the gardens at the getty
-pearls of advice - spoken and unspoken

four sisters, four-sisters-in-law, one mum.
every year we have a "mothers and future mothers" conference.
i can't get over how blessed i am to have these women to look up to.
and - all the talk of breastfeeding, childbirth, etc. is really going to pay off one day.

p.s. speaking of my sisters - check this out. i have watched it 15 times and tear up every time! that's my sister!

2 comments :

  1. YOU were the spice here. MFME would be so boring without you! Loved being with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Miss Charity! :) And you didn't know about my blog because I'm not really good at blogging. :)

    I miss you!! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...