2011: a year in books

last january, i made a goal to read 25 books in 2011. weeeeell, i didn’t exactly make my goal. BUT i did read 15 books over the course of the year, which all delighted, inspired, entertained, moved and/or uplifted me in different ways. i have dog-eared so many pages in these magnificent volumes, and i wish i had a brain that allowed me to remember all the goodness in them. i sighed at luscious passages of gorgeous description, became engrossed in brilliant storytelling, laughed out loud many times and certainly shed a tear or two in the midst of these 15 books.

the power of the written word is a phenomenon of beauty that transcends this world. i love reading good books.

123456781511109121314

5 comments:

  1. im gonna read some of these. you are an inspiration in these things. already ordered two of them from the library. love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good books. I haven't read Mansfield Park in years but I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Charity! Love the stuff you're doing. I found your blog a while ago and check it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE The Little Prince! We read it in French class and it's definitely one of my all-time favorite books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Saw so many of my loves on here...particularly Man's Search for Meaning. I love that and The Hiding Place so much. You gave me some great ideas. Wish you were closer! Would loved to have discussed those gems with you!

    PS I feel the same way about my brain and always feel torn between wanting to reread old favorites and wanting to explore new amazing tales!

    ReplyDelete