chopping down the tree

chopping down a christmas tree in the santa cruz mountains has been a holiday tradition for me since i moved to the bay area {last year here; year before here}. i woke up on december first as giddy as can be about heading south to get my tree. my roommates couldn’t come, so i enlisted some other friends to help me find the perfect pine. it was a rainy, foggy morning – the closest we get to winter weather here – and we listened to christmas songs as we drove to the tree farm. it was the perfect christmas spirit kick-off.

IMG_2558IMG_2560IMG_2564 IMG_2567IMG_2569

there were lots of pretty trees and i had a hard time picking out the ideal one for my little living room. i ended up deciding on a lovely little redwood. i think it’s pretty cool to have a redwood christmas tree. very northern california. we took turns sawing it down.

IMG_2575 IMG_2576 IMG_2577 IMG_2580IMG_2584

there’s something about driving with a christmas tree atop the car and passing a bunch of cars on the highway matching with pines on top that just tickles my glowing christmas heart.

and with that, the most wonderful time of the year officially began.

Comments

Post a Comment