sunday afternoon at filoli

at christmastime, the boy and i went to a messiah singalong in stanford memorial church. we sat next to a lovely older man named bob and got to know him a little. he told us he works part time at filoli, which is one of my favourite places ever. he said we’d have to come visit in the spring and he would take us on a tour.

last week bob let us know that the 60,000 tulips at filoli were at their peak! so we arranged to come see him and them on sunday afternoon. it was such a glorious couple of hours. i was totally swooning at all the gorgeous flowers, in awe of the splendor of man’s cultivation and organization of god’s creations.

IMG_1709IMG_1706

IMG_1710IMG_1720IMG_1777IMG_1722IMG_1713IMG_1721IMG_1728 IMG_1729IMG_1732IMG_1734IMG_1739IMG_1742IMG_1744IMG_1750IMG_1757IMG_1760IMG_1764 IMG_1769IMG_1778IMG_1781 IMG_1782IMG_1784IMG_1786

Comments

  1. A true eye refreshing, it was a wonderful and I love it.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is a breath of fresh air & this post takes me away from the stress of work. Thank you so much for the beauty you see and share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your dress - so fun and springlike :-) Long time lurker, first time poster and have to say I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I am here designing a 2500 housing development and I can only wish that the people that live in these houses I am drawing have a taste of what energy a garden can bring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, tulips are my favorite flower of all time, I am more than a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That boy looks like a keeper! He is lucky to have YOU too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you posted this. i have been wanting to go there. maybe this weekend, if i am not in labor :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, Charity! Can't believe I've never been there. It's definitely on my list for next time I visit.

    Felt weird to have spring break w/o you this year! Loved being with you the past two years for fun in the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poetry for the eyes! Gorgeous! I'm so glad I gave you my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get your white dress??!! My sister wants all of us girls to wear white dreses to her wedding in August (with yellow accents). Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding a modest white dress. Love your blog!
    Thanks!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are beautiful, Charity! I love how this all came about from a wonderful community connection at a local event. It's a great reminder for me to be open to opportunities for serendipitous encounters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment