annual autumn napa bike ride

IMG_2310

with all the wedding stuff going on, i’ve missed some of my autumn in the bay area traditions (like fleet week, dia de los muertos, hardly strictly bluegrass, and the half moon bay pumpkin festival). but one thing i made sure not to miss was my annual napa valley fall foliage bike ride {previous years: 2010201120122013}. since i had veteran’s day off of work, the boy and i headed north last tuesday to cruise through the vineyards.

we ended up not having much daylight, and the sky was gloomy with clouds, but the colors and vistas were spectacular and the ride was exhilarating.

IMG_2317 IMG_2324IMG_2314IMG_2326IMG_2327IMG_2333IMG_2334IMG_2343IMG_2345IMG_2351 IMG_2357

i’m so happy to be married to someone who loves the earth a lot and doesn’t get annoyed when i freak out about outrageously beautiful nature.

isn’t riding a bike just the most lovely simple pleasure?

Comments

  1. Your pictures are the prettiest! And YES bike riding really is such a wonderful simple pleasure. I got a bike about a month ago and love it to death, it's my new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures.
    Never been to Napa Valley during autumn. Certainly worth a visit, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to make it to that area of California someday. I see the fall is one of the most gorgeous times to go. As an Idahoan in the City of Trees, Boise, I do get the magnificent colors for a full three months! Fall is my favorite and my birthday is your wedding day! I have the same tradition as your dad of jumping in piles of fall leaves. Makes raking up all the leaves more fun and not a chore!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We were a bit too early! Those colors are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors! This is now on my list of things to do. I freak out about nature, too. It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment