it’s september!! i’m so happy, because that means autumn is on its way, and autumn is just my favourite. while we don’t get too much lovely crispness and color here in the bay, september/october/november do bring glorious fog-free weather and the best events of the year. there’s so much that i’m looking forward to this fall:
- on saturday, the boy and i are going to a stanford football game! i love love the exuberant atmosphere of college football. i fully intend to make chili and cornbread that day, bring a thermos of hot coco even though i’m sure it won’t be cold at all, and cheer on the cardinal under the lights.
- sunny, bright days in the city. i think it’s time for me to bike the bridge again – i haven’t in ages!
- banana bread, pumpkin snickerdoodles, butternut squash soup, etc.
- fleet week! i need to find a good rooftop to watch the action.
- the half moon bay pumpkin festival. i missed it last year and i just think it’s so fun! i just learned that bagpipers play on the cliffs at the ritz in half moon bay at sunset, so we’ll have to make a whole day of it.
- colorful tights and scarves and pulling out my boots.
- i’m going to utah for general conference weekend! i am so excited to see the prophet and apostles, a convert from my mission coming all the way from england, my parents, my sister and her family, dearest friends (particularly catherine and her new baby, who will just be a few weeks old!) and especially my utah mountains in all their autumn grandeur.
- halloween – i love halloween and i’m thinking i want to throw some sort of party…
- dia de los muertos in the mission – one of my favourite events that i am excited to share with the boy.
- kelsey and my 4th annual guy fawkes day celebration!!
- i may or may not be scheming up a east coast tour for thanksgiving – i have an entire week off!
p.s. after that awful week i had last week, a friend shared this message with me, and i found it a perfectly-timed tender mercy and beautiful reminder. as summer turns to autumn, and autumn to winter, on and on my whole life through, i hope i can prove that i am saint for all seasons.