ten things i am learning lately

photo-41. true love requires sacrifice. and sacrifice is a choice.

2. the principles of faith as power apply to faith in other things besides god. faith in other people, in the future, and in my own heart are all important shades of faith.

3. it’s good for me to do things i don’t want to do. there is value in doing work that i don’t have initial motivation towards.

4. separating the mortal from the eternal is a very important skill. it is equally important to recognize man’s humanity as it is to recognize god’s divinity.

5. sometimes, i just need to reeeeelax.

6. people can be wildly different. we can see, conceptualize, experience, understand things completely differently than someone close to us.  

7. humility is hard. but so often required for happiness.

8. people are always the priority. i get bogged down in different things going on in my life, but at the end of the day, how i treat others is the most important.

9. comparison can be incredibly damaging and can skew my perception of my life’s reality.

10. life is crazy ride. i have to keep proactively choosing to embrace the thrill of it.

{the boy brought me those daffodils a couple of days ago. they were just little buds on stalks – hardly any yellow was showing. within 20 hours they had popped, and coming home to them so open and awake and cheery made me so happy!}

Comments

  1. I LOVED these! I especially appreciate the ones about love and sacrifice, the principle of faith, and how comparing can be damaging. Such great words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I'm a reader of your amazing blog and it just felt right to comment on this particular post.
    I love how real it is! especially #7 and #9!I have to admit that I am sort of struggling with comparison lately and I just feel so silly by the end of the day. I mean, I just have so much to be grateful for in my own life! I don't know how we sometimes lose sight of what's really important in life.
    Anyways...you're awesome! Thanks for the inspiring thoughts =)

    Love,

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What powerful words! So great to have it written in a permanent place because it's so easy to forget the real deal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment