worries to give to the sea

{more posts about bear lake coming…i can’t get my siblings to send me the pictures! it was the best.}

getting back into real life and new job after two and half weeks in utah was wearying, and things combined to leave me feeling pretty downhearted for a while. come last friday, i needed a some significant rejuvenation. and there’s nothing like the sea to succor and buoy up.

kelsey, steph and i met at point montara lighthouse for an ocean picnic. we sat perched on the rocks overlooking the craggy coastline and waves. it was foggy and gray but the sun peeked out between the clouds and the horizon all orange and firey for a few seconds. the ebb and flow of the water was so soothing, as was the company and the food!

IMG_7961 IMG_8149IMG_7986IMG_2897

after the sun went down, we headed to the ritz carlton at half moon bay and sat by the big firepits overlooking the ocean. we talked and make s’mores and laughed. it was so great to catch up and relax.

it is truly amazing how giving worries to the sea – and to good friends - can be such a salve.

Comments

  1. "The cure for anything is salt water. Sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get back into the swing of things after being on vacation with family - I definitely feel it. I'm glad the sea was therapeutic for you.

    I always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started a new job and it really is very tiring. new routine, so much information to absorb, being on your best behaviour (!!) just exhausted me. I hope the job is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to the HMB ritz! One of the most beautiful places I have ever ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to relax with the sea. LOVE that Isak Dinesen quote! So true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment